Monday 8 April 2013

Modern Polytheism Creed

I wrote this out of inspiration from the Catholic creeds. I love the Church creeds and find them amazing pieces of writing to read as well as being uplifting decelerations of Christian faith. I am in no way trying to be derogatory to the Catholic Creeds and they have my full respect and sacred admiration. What I have done here is to take inspiration from the beauty of those creeds and apply them to a modern polytheist frame work. It is purely for my own creative gratification and not in any way meant to be an insult to the Church or the creeds. Here I am trying to use the same language for a more mystic modern pagan polytheism, inclusive of the divers traditions of modern spirituality. I hope and pray it is received with an open and spiritual mind and response.

I will include some calligraphy and typographic art work on this creed and the Christian ones at a later time. Other wise I hope this is an uplifting piece of prose for any modern polytheist who may read it.

 
-->
A Pagan Polytheist Creed

I Believe in Many Gods the Netjer, the Aesir,Vanir the Olympians, the Titans, the Pantheon, the Deva’s and Devi’s, the Kami the Lwa and Orishas and many more. All Unique, individual, Powerful and Almighty forces of nature, united by their nature and known by the titles of Goddess and God.

I Believe in all things visible and invisible. In Universal Divine energy, the Source, the Spark of Life and the formless unity of the Gods known as the Great Mother and the Great Father, or simply God/Great Spirit and by their unity are the Creators of Heaven and Earth, Gods and Humanity. I Believe in the Spark of life, which is the magic in us all.

I Believe in the Communion of Ancestors and the blessing of life, by the power of the Gods, that they have given us.  I Believe in the Mysteries, the secret understandings, the Occult, hidden in the darkness and the light and reveled by the Gods and spirits to the dedicated and devout.

I Believe in the Holy Power of Nature, the Sacred Temple of life, death, our hearts and homes. The freedom of intent and the balance of all things, the ever ancient and ever renewing, mystic cycle of life and the interconnectedness of all things.

Praise be to all Gods and Ancestors, Amen





No comments:

Post a Comment